January 26, 2010

The Blues


I guess it gets like that sometimes -- the blues.  It's been a hard go lately.  The holidays weren't kind to us, what with it being the first one without Dad then me ending up in the hospital with some health problems.  I can't seem to get my equilibrium back.  I just want to sit and cry but a full-time working mom doesn't often get the opportunity to do that.  Some days breathing seems like more than I am able to handle.

I just want to be home.  In my home, doing home things.  I don't want to go to work, or visit, or shop, or anything other than be home. I want to make bread and sweep the floor and do laundry and do all those things that get rushed and neglected.  I want to burrow into my house and make it my home. Alas, I am what stands between us and living in a tent, in Canada, in the winter. So I guess I'll sing the blues.  Here's a little lesson in how to sing them.

1 comment:

  1. Kate, I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling. I have battled some health issues in the past year as well and I know how draining it can be, on many levels.

    Thank you so much for adding your perspective on my post today. It's so nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete