January 20, 2010

10 things about me


1. I don't homeschool but I have. My eldest son was having trouble in grade 9 -- we had him tested and it turned out he was functioning at a grade 3 level and had been pushed through. And he was smoking pot on school grounds. So we pulled him out of school for the rest of grade 9 and homeschooled him. While working full-time. Brought him up to grade level but the damage was done to his feelings around school and after spending 3 years trying different schools and programs he dropped out. Hopefully he will at least get his GED someday.

2. I spent 20 years attending church in a big way. And I mean BIG. Totally committed, served on every committee, attended every function, had private devotion and Bible study, fasted, prayed, you name it, I did it. I don't do any of that anymore and I'm much happier, calmer, and am an all round better person and so are my kids. Not saying that church and religion is bad, just giving my experience.

3. I hate my job. It's boring but I'm only 10 years from retirement (with 22 years in) so I don't think it's a good plan to leave now!

4. I had a pony as a child. Every little girl's dream, except mine was evil. Kicked and bit and bucked.

5. I have limp and lifeless hair. Seriously, no hair product can give it life or volume. It is my burden.

6. I have a crappy camera. It's about 10 years old, which is ancient for a digital camera. No zoom, no NOTHING. Hence the crappy pictures. I am hoping someone (Mom, Aaron?) will take pity on me and buy me one for .

7. I love to read. Love, love, LOVE to read. At a recent high school reunion everyone asked me "So, do you still read so much?". I have my library card number memorized. I sleep with my books.

8. I hate noise. I love silence but seldom get to hear it. I am wearing earplugs RIGHT NOW to try to drown some out. The later it is at night, the less I can stand noise.

9. I would like to be a stay at home mom but fear that if I spent that much time around my kids blood would be shed.

10. I am not a particularly good mother. I don't do crafts with them, I let them watch too much TV, I yell too much, and I'm not above pouring syrup on their heads (but only when they pour it on mine first).

There, that's more than you ever hoped to know I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment