February 3, 2010

Warming up the Windows

One thing I love about my house are all the windows and light.  I am a light addict.  However, it also means I need a lot of curtains.  I hate curtains.  The only reason why I have any is to save the neighbours' some embarrassment.  And to block the glare on the TV during the day.

Right now I have assorted sheets and curtains "artfully" draped over windows to protect our modesty.  I'm thinking of making some roman blinds though.  They seem nice and tidy. While I was poking around on the internet I found this neat tutorial from Instructables on creating an insulating roman blind.  In the pictures they have used a quilt.  How cool is that!  I think I'm going to be looking through some of my quilts with an eye to my windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment