August 13, 2009

I heart cats



I love cats, truly I do. I am currently owned by two cats, Jack and Kittee.

Jack is 11 years old and we got him at a time when we were having a rat/mouse problem. Traps and poison weren't working so I determined we needed a cat. Jack arrived as a tiny bundle of fluff, not bigger than a mouse himself. I waited until he was 6 months old before letting him in the basement where the mice were. (I call them mice because I am afraid of rats). He came back up a couple of days later all sleek and happy and we didn't have any more mice problems after that.






Kittee is 3 years old. We rescued her from a skeezy apartment building as a small kitten. She was so tiny we thought she was much younger than she was -- until she surprised us with kittens! She's since been fixed but she won't grow much bigger the vet say, due to her young pregnancy. She is a delicate little sweetheart who loves to drop "presents" on our bed in the mornings. Furry presents. Furry presents without heads sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment