August 19, 2009

Bad Mother Chronicles

This morning as I left for work at the ungodly hour of 6:15 AM I realized Sam was up. Still up. As in hadn't gone to bed yet. Since last night.

Now, we've all pulled all-nighters but Sam is eight years old. He spent all night up playing video games. and I didn't know because, well, I forgot about him. With Liam in Toronto for three weeks Sam has been so quiet (no arguing!) that I actually forgot he was in the house. He doesn't seem the worse for wear. Actually, he was pretty impressed with himself. I told him he wasn't allowed to sleep ALL DAY so he will be good and tired tonight.

Good mothers do not forget their children. Mind you, more than once during my childhood my mother sat down with the family for supper and declared "Oh my god, I forgot Kate at her piano lessons", so the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. And I can pass for being normal on a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment