October 21, 2011

Magic Poufing Powder

So, my friend Cindy (who requested a shout out on this) gave me the heads up about this amazing new hair product, volumizing powder.  She and I both have fine, limp hair (although mine is finer and limper) and she said this product gave her instant huge hair.

Well, I ran right down to the drug store and not only found the magic poufing powder but it was on sale!  What is this miracle product?  Got2B's  POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder.


Now, normally my hair is so smooth and shiny that nothing can make it hold volume - not product, not curlers, NOTHING.  so I go about with it flat and limp.  One little shake of this stuff and Houston, we have volume. 

We decided to test the product.  Here is me with air-dried, product-free hair (how I look every day).


Also, no make-up. And kind of a double chin.  The powder did not effect that.

I put a small amount in my hand and rubbed it in good -- like I was scratching for lice. We call it "nitting it up".


It has not smell and feels a little sticky.  Like you could rub it on your hands to give extra grip if you were lifting something heavy and didn't want your hands to slip.  I lifted up the sections of my hair where I wanted lift and rubbed it in.

And here's what it looks like after that.  Be warned -- this is without any further styling, just rubbing in the powder and lightly finger combing my hair.  Also, still no make-up.


This isn't the best picture but trust me, I had at least double the volume.  And it lasted all day.  If it started to droop I would just nit it up again and it was back to poufyness.

The next day I blow dried (with volumizing spray), used the powder, and curled and here is the result:


Uh, it's kind of messy but it still has lots of pouf even after being out in damp weather.  And my double chin disappeared.  Magic!

Now, I know you're thinking "hmm, Kate seems to decorate her home with cubicle walls".  Alas, this is not true.  This test was done at work because several of the ladies I work with were interested in the results.  They were so impressed that they all ran downstairs to the drug store and bought some.  Bonus: it was on sale for 5 bucks.


My review: This is an effective product.  The volume it gave me lasted pretty much all day and the ladies who had less tempermental hair had even better results.  The bottle is small (about the size of a spice jar) but you only need a tiny bit.  Even if you don't use it every day, you could keep it in your purse and if you are out and your hair needs a boost, use it for instant pouf. 

I give it 4 out of 5 high heels.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy"Shouting back"October 21, 2011 at 10:17 AM

    ALSO.....the bottle is small enough to carry in your purse, The only thing that I think would make it better would be a brush on applicator, so you could apply directly to your roots. I am 5'4.5" and when I applied this product to my glorious mane I was at leat 6' (or felt like it). Awesome product for those of you planning on halloweening as your fave 80's hair band!

    ReplyDelete