March 22, 2010

what I carry around

Because I know it's the formost question on everyone's mind -- what sort of stuff does Kate carry around with her?
Well, I carry a purse to work, doctor's offices or other places where I may get bored and need something to do. 
 I've put my work mug beside it for scale.  My friend Betty Jo gave me this purse for my birthday -- it is GORGEOUS!  I get a lot of compliments on it.  It's a beautiful shade of candy apple red and yes, I have shoes that match.  3 1/2 inch peep toe pumps.  I look too hot when I'm sporting both of them. 

This purse holds a remarable amount.


  1. A paper tape measure from Ikea
  2. Notebook.  Work gave us these for something or other.  The paper inside is blank - no lines -- and quite good quality.  I snapped up any extras left laying around too as they are good sketch books.
  3. Water Colour Pencils to draw with in my notebook
  4. Calendar
  5. Magnetic Dominos.  Not sure why I carry these around since I don't even know how to play dominos.
  6. Sunglasses, from the dollar store because I lose about a pair a week.
  7. Advil. Must have Advil
  8. Hair clip
  9. And another hair clip.  I always have hair clips, usually clipped to the front of my coat because I take them off when I'm in the car.
  10. Hand sanitizer. Isn't this tiny bottle cute?
  11. Floss.  Have floss, will travel.
  12. Pen
  13. Disgusting flavoured cough drop. Just in case I'm that desperate.
  14. Cloth to clean my glasses.
  15. Assorted store loyalty cards and library cards
  16. Headset to my cell phone.  I never use the headset.

For most outings I don't take my purse, I put my stuff in my coat pockets.  I like my current coat because it has two breast pockets and two hip-height pockets so there is room for lots of stuff and I can keep it organized. Sorta.



  1. Cell phone
  2. Mini notebook full of lists
  3. Pencil, so it doesn't leak
  4. My wallet.  It has pockets on both sides and I put the carabiner on it so I can clip it to things.  I grabbed this out of my dad's stuff after he died.
  5. Sam's birthday money.  We were shopping on the weekend.
  6. My Worldly Wealth -- 25 bucks.  I don't normally carry such large amounts of cash with me.
  7. Random receipts that I might need.  Or not.
  8. Calculator, which I didn't think to position right side up for this picutre.
  9. Hair clip, which was not technically in my pocket but was clipped to the front of my jacket.

Shall we get all Fruedian on what I carry with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment